Are You Complying Fully with HIPPA?
Whether you’re a compliance officer for a large area hospital or the owner of a small medical practice, ensuring full compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) must be a top priority. Failure to do so could result in devastating fines and costly liability.
Land Shark Shredding is committed to helping all businesses impacted by HIPAA comply with requirements regarding the proper retention and disposal of Protected Health Information (PHI) and can help you greatly reduce the risk of noncompliance.
The Latest Updates to HIPPA Affect You
In 2013, changes to HIPAA went into effect that impact all types of health care providers and medical businesses. Now, the law requires your institution, practice or business to:
- Complete a risk analysis to pinpoint any risks to the security of paper documents and electronic data that is classified as PHI
- Develop policies that outline what steps will be taken if PHI is compromised due to theft, loss or breach of confidentiality and review these policies on a regular basis
- Ensure that employees are trained on all of your policies and procedures regarding PHI
- Work with vendors and partners that have access to patient PHI to guarantee that the information is safeguarded by them while in their possession
Compliance Made Easy
At Land Shark Shredding, we stay up to date on changes to HIPAA and can help you ensure that PHI is stored and destroyed in full compliance with the law. Our complete range of services greatly simplifies HIPAA compliance and includes:
- Mobile shredding and document destruction to ensure that PHI is properly disposed of and kept out of the hands of thieves
- Risk analysis to identify any weaknesses in how PHI is currently handled, managed or destroyed
- Policy and procedure consulting to help you examine your current guidelines and revise and amend them to ensure complete compliance with HIPAA
- HIPAA training to educate employees on their role in protecting PHI and ensure compliance with HIPAA ‘s new training provisions
Services Tailored to Your Compliance Needs
Not only will our services save you time, lower your compliance costs and boost employee productivity, but they’ll also provide you with proof that you took steps to protect PHI in accordance with HIPPA. We provide complete documentation for you to retain for your records.
Our HIPAA compliance services can be customized to meet the needs of medical practices, hospitals, clinics and health care businesses of all sizes. Whether you only need assistance with data destruction or require a broad range of solutions, we’ll custom tailor our services to perfectly meet your needs.
To get a free quote or learn more about our HIPAA compliance services, please contact us by phone at 877-53-SHRED(74733) or complete the form on this page.