Shredding Solutions for Financial Institutions
In 2013 alone, businesses in the financial services industry suffered $60 million in losses due to data theft. Criminals know that financial institutions have access to sensitive data about consumers and businesses, and identity thieves are always searching for vulnerable places to exploit.
After investing in costly information security measures to protect your networks, the last thing you want is for a breach to occur, not only from your computer system but potentially from the dumpster outside your back door. That’s why your financial service providers can’t afford to be without the services of Land Shark Shredding.
Many Regulations, One Simple Solution
Following secure document shredding and data destruction policies don’t just reduce your threat of loss due to data breaches, it also helps you avoid crippling fines. Today, there are multiple regulations and sets of rules that require financial institutions to take steps to protect client information, including:
- Check Clearing for the 21st Century or Check 21 Act
- Economic Espionage Act
- FACTA, particularly the FACTA Disposal Rule
- Federal Trade Commission or FTC Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Identity Theft Penalty Enhancement Act
- Sarbanes Oxley Act
- U.S. Patriot Act
As a financial service provider, keeping up with the various requirements for document shredding and data destruction can be extremely time-consuming or incredibly easy. The choice is up to you! By hiring Land Shark Shredding, you can keep things simple by letting us ensure you are following proper shredding and data destruction procedures.
Services That Simplify and Ensure Compliance
At Land Shark Shredding, we serve the needs of all types of financial service providers, including:
- Insurance companies
- Investment companies
- Mortgage companies
- One-time and recurring mobile shredding services
- One-time and recurring data destruction services
- Consulting services to help financial service providers develop policies and procedures to adhere to all current rules and regulations
- Employee training to communicate policies and teach the importance of following procedures regarding document and data disposal
- Identity theft training to help employees understand how this serious threat could impact their jobs
To get a free quote or to learn more about our services for businesses in the financial services industry, please contact us by phone at 270-793-0880 or complete the form on this page.