Land Shark Shredding was started by Don Gerard, Jr., who is a Bowling Green, KY native and a two-time graduate of Western Kentucky University. Don is a U.S. military veteran who served active duty as a United States Air Force officer and C-130 pilot.
Once he decided to leave the Air Force, Don entered the private sector working as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in both public practice and private industry. Additionally, Don has over 10 years of experience working as a commercial banker for some of the nation’s largest banks.
Combined, Don has 20+ years of experience working with confidential information for both the federal government (where he had a top-secret security clearance) and in the private sector, working with both small and large companies and individuals. Throughout this time, Don worried about how his employers were safeguarding the security of his firms’ client data when it was time to purge their files. That’s when the idea to start Land Shark Shredding began to take shape.
Land Shark Shredding is extremely customer focused. Our licensed and insured information destruction experts will work with you to find the perfect plan for your organization. You can rest assured knowing that you’re always enjoying the best value for your dollar.
Land Shark Shredding is AAA Certified by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) for mobile operation and is endorsed for Paper/Printed Media, Computer Hard Drive & Non-Paper Media destruction. Don Gerard proudly served on the Board of Directors for NAID from 2015 – 2019.
What does this mean to you, our client? The annual NAID Certification Audit verifies that Land Shark Shredding:
- Complies with the standards for Employee Clearance—drug screening, employment history verification, criminal background checks, etc. are conducted on all employees and helps to restrict high-risk individuals from employment.
- Qualifies as the annual business associate review required of covered entities by HIPAA.
- Helps to establish the due diligence required to comply with HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) and FACTA.
- Meets the standard for reasonableness that is generally accepted by government agencies and courts, and,
- Most importantly, makes sure our clients are getting the security they require!
All of Land Shark Shredding’s employees must sign and acknowledge they have read the firms’ Confidentiality Agreement, Driver’s Manual for Document Processing, and Employee Policies & Procedures manual. Furthermore, all of Land Shark Shredding’s employees must be legally registered to work in the United States.
All drivers and customer service representatives must meet all Licensing Requirements, as well as display their ID Badges and wear a company uniform at all times.
Additionally, drivers are required to always:
- Attend or physically secure all media for destruction from unauthorized access while in the custody of Land Shark Shredding prior to destruction
- Lock the shredding truck cab, box, and shredding compartment if the truck is unattended
- Present a receipt or Certificate of Destruction to the client at the time of service
- Possess a two-way communication device
All Land Shark Shredding employees are required to undergo rigorous background checks to verify their:
- Employment history
- Residency history
- Local, state, and federal criminal history
- Annual, as well as random alcohol and drug screenings
Also, all destroyed media must be disposed of in a responsible manner, which does not include any sort of refuse (i.e. pet bedding or packaging material).
ALL of Land Shark Shredding’s destroyed paper media is taken to a secure recycling facility and paper mill where it is 100% RECYCLED.
Land Shark Shredding offers a superior combination of security, confidentiality, value and customer service. As information protection experts, they help you comply with the law, protect your confidential information, and safeguard your business’ reputation.
Contact Land Shark Shredding today at 270-793-0880 or toll-free at 1-877-53-SHRED (74733).